Clean Cut Food Labels/ChemicalsOct 26, 2021
Please remember this is a small list of chemicals and artificial products found in our food.
- Artificial Sweeteners: Aspartame (NutraSweet, equal). Neurotoxin that affects short term memory and may lead to tons of different diseases.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup: highly refined artificial sweetener that is the #1 source of calories in America.
- Monosodium Glutamate (MSG): a flavor enhancer that overexcites cells to the point of damage or death. Effects neurological pathways
- Trans Fat: Used to extend shelf life of food products and among one of the most dangerous substances you can consume.
- Food Dyes: some made of ground up bugs. Can cause chromosomal damage, thyroid cancer, brain nerve transmission, and can cause kidney and adrenal gland tumors.
- Sodium Sulfite: Used in wine making and other processed foods, if allergic, can cause asthma, headaches and breathing problems.
- Sodium Nitrate: preservative and coloring for meats. It gives the meat that “fresh look” becomes highly carcinogenic once it enters the digestive system. Toxic ingredients that can harm the liver and pancreas. USDA tried to ban it in the 70s but was shot down by the food manufacturers.
- BHA and BHT: preservative used in cereals, gum, and chips and is used to keep food from changing color or flavor. It’s also used in rubber products. Cancer causing.
- Potassium Bromate: used to increase volume in flour, bread, rolls etc. Cancer causing.
- Propylene Glycol Alginate: Food thickener made from alginic acid and propylene glycol. Also used in antifreeze and de-icers.
- Polysorbate: Used as an emulsifier. Made of corn oil, palm oil and petroleum, it can’t spoil so it’s used a lot to replace dairy products in baked goods.
- Enriched Flour: All nutrients are taken out of the flour and are bleached. The body treats it as refined starch. To top it off, the “enrichment” is done by using toxic ingredients.
- Carrageenan: used as a stabilizer or thickener in liquids and helps them from not separating and a binder in meats, frozen pizza and bars, it is sourced from red seaweed, but it is transformed to a poligeenan, or “degraded” carrageenan. It creates inflammation and causes ulcers, lesions and malignant tumors.
- Triacetin: Plasticizer in gum and candy
© Clean Cut Fitness & Nutrition