Our post workout meal is extremely important to help repair and recover muscles. Sometimes throwing things together in your refrigerator is the best way to create a FUN post workout meal!!
Today…we threw together a fun bowl of mish mash in the fridge that came out amazing!
- 1 Block of Trader Joes Spouted Tofu
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves (or more as you like!)
- Roasted tomatoes from the night before (see below alternates!)
- Huge Handful of Baby Spinach
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Flakes, + a sprinkle on top (optional)
- Salt, pepper, onion powder, etc to taste (red pepper flakes may be good here too!)
This was a thrown together fun recipe with what was available in the fridge…so feel free to add different veggies as you like!
Pour olive oil in pan and lightly sautee garlic. We added some spices here, salt, pepper, etc. Get Creative!
Add cubed tofu and cook on medium.
We had roasted tomatoes from the night before that were leftover. (toss cherries, or some sort of mini tomatoes with olive oil and spices to taste. Roast on 400 until roasted and yummy.) We added them next. If you don’t want to roast tomatoes prior, I would add raw tomatoes first, before the tofu, and cook down until they are soft. Then add the tofu.
Add coconut flakes.
Add spinach. Cover for spinach to wilt.
Toss and remove from heat. This made 2 servings. You can add some coconut flakes on top, or even some avocado! Get creative!
Keep us posted on your mish mash post workout creations! We would love to hear from you!