The Clean Cut Pesto meatball becomes the great BURGER for SUMMER!
They are absolutely perfect for your summer bbq’s when you are looking for a healthy option. Remember bbq food doesn’t have to be bad…these are flavorful and a huge hit!
Get creative with your “bun”! Check out our mushroom bun below for a fun twist!
Clean Cut Pesto Turkey Burgers with Grilled Peppers and a Mushroom Bun
Start with the baby bell peppers because they take the longest to grill. (Simply toss in olive oil and lots of pink salt). Place the peppers in a grill pan for 20 min. Turing halfway.
- 1 shallot sautéed slow and low with a touch- just a touch of pink salt
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey (not 99% fat free)
- 1 egg
- ½ cup gluten free panko bread crumbs
- 4 oz fresh pesto (can be store bought from the fridge)
Mix it all. Double or triple recipes as needed, Form into burgers
*1 pound of meat makes four servings
- 1 Large portobello mushroom (per burger)
Keep it simple! Core the mushroom and drizzle with olive oil and pink salt.
Grill the mushrooms for about 10 min each side.
Tip make the burgers thinner than a usual burger or make sliders with smaller shrooms and have 1 +
Grill burgers 6 min aside or so
Slice a good tomato season with pink salt. Stack like a burger. Peppers feels like fries and mushroom feels like the bun!!
- Peppers take 20 min
- Mushrooms take about 10 min
- Burgers take about 14 min
Get creative!! These will be a HIT at any summer party or bbq!