Since we have been on a little pumpkin kick this fall, I thought we should share this yummy treat for you all! Our last post gave you a few tips on why pumpkin is healthy. But…
Whats the big deal about Chia Seeds?!
- Chia Seeds are loaded with antioxidants
- Almost all of the carbs in them are fiber
- Chia Seeds are high quality protein
- Chia Seeds deliver a massive amount of nutrients, with very few calories
- Due to the high fiber and protein count, Chia Seeds should be able to help you lose weight
We get into detail about all of these facts in our 6 week weight loss challenge. If you are interested in learning more, click here.
Pumpkin Chia Pudding Ingredients
1 1⁄4 cup coconut or almond milk
1 cup pumpkin puree
1⁄2 cup chia seeds
1⁄4 cup or less maple syrup
2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
Mix milk, puree, chia seeds, maple syrup and spice. Cover and shake thoroughly.
Refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Mix in almonds and enjoy!
Makes 4 servings
It’s fall, The air is crisp (in some parts of the country!) and its chili season! What a great way to kick off fall but with a Pumpkin Chili thats clean and tastes amazing! Pumpkin also has some great health benefits.
Benefits of Pumpkin:
- Did you know pumpkin will make you feel fuller, longer? It is packed with 1.7g of fiber per ounce. With 50 calories and 3g of fiber per cup, thats a win win in the Clean Cut department!
- Better Vision, Skin & Bones: 1 cup of pumpkin has double your daily dose of vitamin A, essential for our vision, skin and bones.
- They are high in phytoestrogens, which is shown to lower blood pressure.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in tryptophan, so you will sleep better
- Pumpkin seed oil has been shown to block unhealthy prostate growth in rats, so men, get your pumpkin seed oil in!
Clean Cut Pumpkin Chili
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1 C chopped onion
1C chopped green pepper
2-3 cups fresh spinach (remember it cooks down)
1-2 TBSP fresh chopped garlic to taste
1 small can chopped green chilis
1 Can low sodium diced tomatoes
1 Can beans of your choice (I used black beans)
1 Can organic pumpkin
1 lb ground turkey breast
Pumpkin Pie Spice Optional
Cayenne Pepper Optional
Saute onion and pepper in a pan
Add in spinach and garlic and let spinach wilt down
During this brown your ground turkey breast
Add tomatoes, beans, chilis and pumpkin
Add spices to taste. This is where it is all relative to your taste. We prefer a stronger pumpkin flavor, so we added pumpkin pie spice. Add to your taste. Same with all the spices. Remember Cumin is a strong taste so start with a teaspoon and go from there. Cayenne is also spicy so add to taste.
Simmer and add ground turkey. Simmer for another 10 minutes or so and enjoy!!!!