Have you tried counting calories, macros, weighing your food?
Did you stick with it? We know we can’t, so we have designed a foolproof way to take the guesswork out. We are always exploring new methods, testing them to see if the science is real and if it’s really sustainable. Here is what we’ve learned.
It has to be REAL. Your body knows what to do with real sugar, real cream, real butter. We can’t trick our bodies or out exercise fake food. It’s amazing how every system talks to each other. Why not give it the right signal?
Let’s erase the idea that the food label always tells the truth. If it says 10 grams of fat would you eat it?, NO WAY right? Well what kind of fat? What is the serving? What are the sugars? Where do the sugars come from, where does the fat come from?
Let’s start fresh!
GOOD FAT BURNS FAT, truth! The science proves it and we’ve tested it. Just this year I (Caren) added in more fat and guess what….I got a bit leaner because it’s the truth. Yes there is such thing as too much good fat but at Clean Cut we balance it for you and take out the guesswork. Good fat mixed with processed foods doesn’t work. Just because some of the time you are good doesn’t erase the choices that are bad. It’s about being consistent. Consistency is key.
Once you can trust that the real deal is best for you the closer you are to cleaning out your systems and making your body work like the machine it was meant to be.
Ask yourself the question below…
What kind of mayo or coffee creamer do you have in your fridge? If is says light or fat free replace it with REAL mayo (olive oil mayo is also great) or all natural vanilla creamer (yes it has sugar but like we said your body can process real sugar). Before you throw out the light version compare the nutrition labels of both. Look at the entire label. The calories, fat, sugar. Now look at the ingredients. Which one has a longer list, which one do you understand everything that is listed (or mostly everything). Here is a nugget or pivot to live by… If you can’t understand it neither can your body. Just because it says it has less calories and less sugar doesn’t mean once it’s inside your body it reacts that way. ANYTHING that is FOREIGN to your system will be and we mean will be STORED AS FAT. Our bodies know what to do with real food, even real sugar so your tip this week (PIVOT) keep it real!
Now do you think Clean Cut is the new lifestyle for you? Real food is just that simple and just that good…
The Next 6 Week Clean Cut Challenge begins on March 11th. Registration will be live early February.
To be the first to know when it opens, subscribe to our mailing list:
Can a green juice a day keep…away?
Is it another craze or another Clean Cut tool?
After research and having some of our members test it out it seems when adding in the right kind of green juice daily you are increasing your daily potassium up to 36% and your vitamin A up to 20% which aids in weight loss, increases energy, creates better blood flow, helps the body use insulin correctly, helps boost the immune system and supports eye and brain function.
So what is the right kind of green juice?
Photo Credit: Lara Robby Photography
NATURAL, NO ADDED SUGAR or SODIUM
You may see the cold pressed version in any health store or even at Trader Joe’s. When you see the settlement at the bottom of the bottle you have the real stuff. Always read the ingredients. It should look something like, Cucumber, Kale, Celery, green apple (it’s Ok!), lemon and maybe ginger and other spices like turmeric.
When making it yourself or at the counter of a health store you have full control over what goes in it. The greener the better, maybe ½ the green apple (just to save some of the sugar grams for later) you can also add in ¼ of an avocado to thicken it up and add some of the GOOD FAT (making this juice even more powerful)
It’s almost impossible to eat the amount of daily greens needed each day. This power packed juice helps get you there, flooding you body with amazing vitamins and mineral.
This green juice below is a great starter juice. Get creative and add this Clean Cut Tool to your daily regime. You can use an emulsion blender like a Vitamix or Ninja to emulsify the ingredients. Then add water to your desired consistency.
- A HUGE handful of kale or spinach
- Romaine (when cleared by the government for sure)
- 3-4 celery sticks
- Juice of one lemon
- Thumb full of fresh ginger
- ¼ of an avocado
- Parsley (optional)
- ½ green apple (optional)
Use it to start you day or as a filler throughout, However you get it in, IT WORKS!
I have to be totally honest here, this past week I felt like I was having some major anxiety. Really for no good reason. Life is good, its summer, everyone is healthy. But last week, something was not jiving in my body. It clicked to me, my workouts lacked last week. Don’t you always feel better after a workout? I made it a PRIORITY to get all my workouts in this week. I am making sure
I get that ME time (facial scheduled for Monday!). And i am going to make sure my diet is balanced. Life happens. And sometimes we just can’t put a finger on why we feel the way we do. But clean eating can really help in balancing your mind. 6 simple ways to help balance life is to make sure we are eating clean!!!! Check out our list below: antioxidants, magnesium, flavonoids, Vitamin C,Omega-3 fatty acids and tea. WOW…clean eating all around. Maybe we have something here. 🙂
The CLEAN CUT fall kickstart begins September 17. Mark your calendar, because emotional eating is a big topic we will be covering.
- They help protect your cells from stress. In turn they may help ease anxiety.
- Berries, nuts, beans, and green veggies are winners in this group
- The natural calmer, magnesium will keep you in check
- Greens are great for magnesium. Spinach, kale and swiss chard to name a few
- Flavonoids in cocoa helps protect your cells. They can also help lower your blood pressure and boost blood flow to your brain and heart. In turn creating a feeling of less anxiety.
- DARK chocolate. Specifically 70% or higher cocoa.
- Studies have shown a diet rich in Vitamin C can help calm and create a better frame of mind.
- Oranges or any citrus fruit
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Studies have shown these fatty acids can help with depression and anxiety and help decrease inflammation
- Sardines, salmon, albacore tuna,
- Tea has that calming effect we all crave. Antioxidants in the tea leaves also help! Teas can especially be effective when paired with certain herbs
- Lavender and chamomile
A Matcha a day will actually Keep the doctor away…for real.
Green tea…..We’ve heard it has so many benefits. It does, But how many cups a day do we need to get all the amazing benefits from it? 5-7 Cups! Can you drink that much tea every day? With this new craze, which is old in history, we can get all the benefits it one cup, YUP MATCHA.
Matcha starts out just like any old green tea leaf. But 20-30 days prior to harvesting, it is covered from direct sunlight. This causes the chlorophyll to increase, intensifying the leaf. It is then ground down to a powder and used in our teas, coffee, ice cream, etc. This leaf is so concentrated with chlorophyll, polyphenols and catechin that just one drink made with this superfood give us all the benefits of 5-7 cups of green tea. SCORE!
And what are those benefits?
- It decreases free radicals. The less free radicals we have in our bodies the less cancer and disease we have.
- The catechin promotes relaxation and clarity.
- It is a natural antioxidant and boost the immune system.
- Helps maintain healthy alkaline levels which leads to a healthy metabolism.
- It is high in good caffeine called theophylline. Which will sustain energy levels with a slow, consistent release.
- Catechin also increase the metabolism leading to more weight loss.
It’s easy to get and easy to drink. The new apple a day is now a matcha a day! Drink Up!
Insulin: A hormone made by the pancreas that allows your body to use sugar (glucose) from carbohydrates in the food that you eat for energy or to store glucose for future use. Insulin helps keeps your blood sugar level from getting too high or too low.
Where to begin? These top 10 foods are in no particular order. They all have such a low glycemic level that your body doesn’t need much insulin to absorb them. Clean Cut’s goal is to keep your insulin level down so your metabolism is constantly working.
The foods you choose should have a slow absorption rate. The ones the breakdown quickly like breads and white potatoes cause a massive spike in insulin sending the message to our bodies to store it as fat. When we eat high amounts of fast carb foods (the whites, and cakes etc.) we send the wrong message to our body over and over again, leading to weight gain and a broken metabolism
Our goal is to keep our levels low and steady. Living a lifestyle like this will lead to overall better health and weight loss.
Natural fruits, veggies, proteins and fats all break down slower and in turn our insulin levels are lower.
Here are the top 10 foods that are extremely low on the glycemic index:
- Onion & Garlic (full of vitamins and anti-inflammatory benefits)
- Leafy Greens (our super foods)
- Nuts (anti-inflammatory, good fats, low carb, high fiber)
- Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower and chia, great to use instead of granolas, t ad
d to salads and have all the fiber and good fats and nutrients we want)
- Avocados (omega 3 & 6 fatty acids and amazing nutrients)
- Coconut (any form, oil, meat, flakes, flour, it’s the perfect fat)
- Herbs (full of flavor, minerals and vitamins and have some healing properties)
- Eggs (vitamin B12, protein and Fat, cheap and easy)
- Irish Butter and Cheese (keep cheese to a moderation, dairy causes the body to become acidic and inflamed, make sure it has no growth hormones in it)
- Oils (organic is best, olive, coconut, avocado etc. Stay away from palm oil, canola etc.)
With all this information, any of these when cooking or snacking are your best option to add and guarantee a low insulin level.