Salad is not just for summer! Add a twist of fall to your next green bowl and enjoy this season with some great health benefits. Pumpkin seeds are pretty cool, and easy to add to any salad!
- 1 oz of pumpkin seeds pack 7g of protein, 6g of omega-6’s, and are high in fiber
- Packed with antioxidents
- Decrease risk of breast and prostate cancers
- High in magnesium
- Lowers blood sugar
- Can improve sleep
So grab some of these powerful seeds and enjoy this fall treat!
Clean Cut Fall Pumpkin Seed Kale Salad
4 cups chopped kale massaged with olive oil
1/2 avocado, diced
1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
1 tablespoon crumbled goat cheese (optional)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Juice of 1 lime
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Whisk all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a small bowl and set aside.
Using a large mixing bowl, add kale and 1 tbsp of olive oil and lemon on top. Massage kale with olive oil and lemon with your hands to soften. Let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then, top with diced avocado, radish, pumpkin seeds and goat cheese. Pour vinaigrette on top and toss to combine! Serves 2
It’s fall, The air is crisp (in some parts of the country!) and its chili season! What a great way to kick off fall but with a Pumpkin Chili thats clean and tastes amazing! Pumpkin also has some great health benefits.
Benefits of Pumpkin:
- Did you know pumpkin will make you feel fuller, longer? It is packed with 1.7g of fiber per ounce. With 50 calories and 3g of fiber per cup, thats a win win in the Clean Cut department!
- Better Vision, Skin & Bones: 1 cup of pumpkin has double your daily dose of vitamin A, essential for our vision, skin and bones.
- They are high in phytoestrogens, which is shown to lower blood pressure.
- Pumpkin seeds are high in tryptophan, so you will sleep better
- Pumpkin seed oil has been shown to block unhealthy prostate growth in rats, so men, get your pumpkin seed oil in!
Clean Cut Pumpkin Chili
1 TBSP Olive Oil
1 C chopped onion
1C chopped green pepper
2-3 cups fresh spinach (remember it cooks down)
1-2 TBSP fresh chopped garlic to taste
1 small can chopped green chilis
1 Can low sodium diced tomatoes
1 Can beans of your choice (I used black beans)
1 Can organic pumpkin
1 lb ground turkey breast
Pumpkin Pie Spice Optional
Cayenne Pepper Optional
Saute onion and pepper in a pan
Add in spinach and garlic and let spinach wilt down
During this brown your ground turkey breast
Add tomatoes, beans, chilis and pumpkin
Add spices to taste. This is where it is all relative to your taste. We prefer a stronger pumpkin flavor, so we added pumpkin pie spice. Add to your taste. Same with all the spices. Remember Cumin is a strong taste so start with a teaspoon and go from there. Cayenne is also spicy so add to taste.
Simmer and add ground turkey. Simmer for another 10 minutes or so and enjoy!!!!