Its garden time!! August is where you begin to reap the benefits of your home garden! All that work, watering, weeding and talking to those babies…yup all worth it when you pick that fresh organic produce.
This is my Dad. He may have one of the best home gardens in the state. With a whole lot of TLC over the years and a lot of failed and successful attempts, he has it down to a science. He drops me bags of herbs, veggies and green goodness, but sometimes its hard to find something fresh to do with it!
TODAY, lets focus on this amazing CUCUMBER!!!
- HIGH IN NUTRIENTS: Vitamin C, K Magnesium and Potassium to name a few
- HIGH IN ANTIOXIDANTS
- PROMOTES HYDRATION: 96% H2O
- MAY AID IN WEIGHT LOSS: Flavorful and LOW calorie
- MAY LOWER BLOOD SUGAR
So eat up and enjoy this summer Clean Cut Cucumber Salad, we sure will!
Clean Cut Cucumber Dill Salad
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced (or 1 big one like this pic! Estimate)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup 4% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Add Greek yogurt, dill and apple cider vinegar to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add in cucumbers and red onion to the bowl and fold everything together until well combined and the dressing has coated the cucumbers.
- Cover and refrigerate. Marinate a few hours and enjoy!
Purely summer refreshing! This super quick and easy summer go to cold soup can be made in 10 minutes and tastes delicious ocean or pool side! Pair with a Clean Cut summer cocktail and enjoy!
Clean Cut Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled & seeded & cut in pieces + 1 cucumber diced to stir in at finish
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, quartered
- 1 scallion, cut in pieces or chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 T. fresh parsley
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- ½ c. plain greek yogurt
- 1 c. cold water-may add more to desired consistency
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mint leaves
Puree all ingredients except 1 diced cucumber in blender till smooth. May add additional water at end to thin slightly. Stir in diced cucumber stirring after transferring to bowl. Add some mint leaves for taste and garnish.
Adjust any seasonings to taste.
Looking for more clean salads and drinks this summer?!
Download our FREE Summer Salad and Clean Drinks Guide Here!
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Lori and Caren created Clean Cut Fitness & Nutrition to help women see there is a true balance when eating clean and living life. They like wine, tequila, vodka and intermittent fasting! Their 5 kids combined are always creating havoc but they would not have it any other way. Balance is their key to success! Their “shrink your body, grow your mind” mentality will help anyone find their Ah-Ha moment and what works in their lifestyle. Join the #cleancuttribe and create your new lifestyle.
Visit their full bios to learn more.