Have you tried counting calories, macros, weighing your food?
Did you stick with it? We know we can’t, so we have designed a foolproof way to take the guesswork out. We are always exploring new methods, testing them to see if the science is real and if it’s really sustainable. Here is what we’ve learned.
It has to be REAL. Your body knows what to do with real sugar, real cream, real butter. We can’t trick our bodies or out exercise fake food. It’s amazing how every system talks to each other. Why not give it the right signal?
Let’s erase the idea that the food label always tells the truth. If it says 10 grams of fat would you eat it?, NO WAY right? Well what kind of fat? What is the serving? What are the sugars? Where do the sugars come from, where does the fat come from?
Let’s start fresh!
GOOD FAT BURNS FAT, truth! The science proves it and we’ve tested it. Just this year I (Caren) added in more fat and guess what….I got a bit leaner because it’s the truth. Yes there is such thing as too much good fat but at Clean Cut we balance it for you and take out the guesswork. Good fat mixed with processed foods doesn’t work. Just because some of the time you are good doesn’t erase the choices that are bad. It’s about being consistent. Consistency is key.
Once you can trust that the real deal is best for you the closer you are to cleaning out your systems and making your body work like the machine it was meant to be.
Ask yourself the question below…
What kind of mayo or coffee creamer do you have in your fridge? If is says light or fat free replace it with REAL mayo (olive oil mayo is also great) or all natural vanilla creamer (yes it has sugar but like we said your body can process real sugar). Before you throw out the light version compare the nutrition labels of both. Look at the entire label. The calories, fat, sugar. Now look at the ingredients. Which one has a longer list, which one do you understand everything that is listed (or mostly everything). Here is a nugget or pivot to live by… If you can’t understand it neither can your body. Just because it says it has less calories and less sugar doesn’t mean once it’s inside your body it reacts that way. ANYTHING that is FOREIGN to your system will be and we mean will be STORED AS FAT. Our bodies know what to do with real food, even real sugar so your tip this week (PIVOT) keep it real!
Now do you think Clean Cut is the new lifestyle for you? Real food is just that simple and just that good…
The Next 6 Week Clean Cut Challenge begins on March 11th. Registration will be live early February.
To be the first to know when it opens, subscribe to our mailing list:
Happy Thanksgiving From Clean Cut!
Thanksgiving kicks off the start of the holiday season. Eating, drinking, parties, shopping, more eating, skipping workouts, etc. You know the drill. This time of year that is about sharing, caring and love sometimes can turn into a stressful mess! But how can we manage it, keep the weight off and enjoy our cheats?!
The Clean Cut Way! This week we are going to guide you through Thanksgiving! Having your feast and balancing it out.
- Intermittent fast the morning of Thanksgiving
- Drink water before during and after, and bring a healthy side dish
- Do not graze all day. Create a plate and commit to it. Then take a pause. Do you really need that second or third helping?
- Make it about the company. instead of a 3rd helping of mashed potatoes, step away and listen to Uncle Al’s war stories. Enjoy the family moments
- Be ready for Friday. Have a plan and be prepped to eat clean
- Schedule a workout for Friday. Get your SWEAT on!
Simple ways to balance your day and move forward! The Clean Cut Way.
We can hold your hand through the rest of the holiday season. Do you want recipes, guidance, a private Facebook group, daily motivational texts, workouts and the support of the best TRIBE ever?! Who doesn’t! You can join the 6 week handhold and get instant access to all your information this holiday season. Find Out More Here
Let Lori and Caren “Shrink Your Body & Grow Your Mind!” Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook for all the latest tips and challenges. Join the Tribe
Its garden time!! August is where you begin to reap the benefits of your home garden! All that work, watering, weeding and talking to those babies…yup all worth it when you pick that fresh organic produce.
This is my Dad. He may have one of the best home gardens in the state. With a whole lot of TLC over the years and a lot of failed and successful attempts, he has it down to a science. He drops me bags of herbs, veggies and green goodness, but sometimes its hard to find something fresh to do with it!
TODAY, lets focus on this amazing CUCUMBER!!!
- HIGH IN NUTRIENTS: Vitamin C, K Magnesium and Potassium to name a few
- HIGH IN ANTIOXIDANTS
- PROMOTES HYDRATION: 96% H2O
- MAY AID IN WEIGHT LOSS: Flavorful and LOW calorie
- MAY LOWER BLOOD SUGAR
So eat up and enjoy this summer Clean Cut Cucumber Salad, we sure will!
Clean Cut Cucumber Dill Salad
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced (or 1 big one like this pic! Estimate)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup 4% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Add Greek yogurt, dill and apple cider vinegar to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add in cucumbers and red onion to the bowl and fold everything together until well combined and the dressing has coated the cucumbers.
- Cover and refrigerate. Marinate a few hours and enjoy!
Insulin: A hormone made by the pancreas that allows your body to use sugar (glucose) from carbohydrates in the food that you eat for energy or to store glucose for future use. Insulin helps keeps your blood sugar level from getting too high or too low.
Where to begin? These top 10 foods are in no particular order. They all have such a low glycemic level that your body doesn’t need much insulin to absorb them. Clean Cut’s goal is to keep your insulin level down so your metabolism is constantly working.
The foods you choose should have a slow absorption rate. The ones the breakdown quickly like breads and white potatoes cause a massive spike in insulin sending the message to our bodies to store it as fat. When we eat high amounts of fast carb foods (the whites, and cakes etc.) we send the wrong message to our body over and over again, leading to weight gain and a broken metabolism
Our goal is to keep our levels low and steady. Living a lifestyle like this will lead to overall better health and weight loss.
Natural fruits, veggies, proteins and fats all break down slower and in turn our insulin levels are lower.
Here are the top 10 foods that are extremely low on the glycemic index:
- Onion & Garlic (full of vitamins and anti-inflammatory benefits)
- Leafy Greens (our super foods)
- Nuts (anti-inflammatory, good fats, low carb, high fiber)
- Seeds (pumpkin, sunflower and chia, great to use instead of granolas, t ad
d to salads and have all the fiber and good fats and nutrients we want)
- Avocados (omega 3 & 6 fatty acids and amazing nutrients)
- Coconut (any form, oil, meat, flakes, flour, it’s the perfect fat)
- Herbs (full of flavor, minerals and vitamins and have some healing properties)
- Eggs (vitamin B12, protein and Fat, cheap and easy)
- Irish Butter and Cheese (keep cheese to a moderation, dairy causes the body to become acidic and inflamed, make sure it has no growth hormones in it)
- Oils (organic is best, olive, coconut, avocado etc. Stay away from palm oil, canola etc.)
With all this information, any of these when cooking or snacking are your best option to add and guarantee a low insulin level.
Purely summer refreshing! This super quick and easy summer go to cold soup can be made in 10 minutes and tastes delicious ocean or pool side! Pair with a Clean Cut summer cocktail and enjoy!
Clean Cut Chilled Avocado Cucumber Soup
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled & seeded & cut in pieces + 1 cucumber diced to stir in at finish
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, quartered
- 1 scallion, cut in pieces or chopped onion
- 1 garlic cloves
- 2 T. fresh parsley
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- ½ c. plain greek yogurt
- 1 c. cold water-may add more to desired consistency
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mint leaves
Puree all ingredients except 1 diced cucumber in blender till smooth. May add additional water at end to thin slightly. Stir in diced cucumber stirring after transferring to bowl. Add some mint leaves for taste and garnish.
Adjust any seasonings to taste.
Looking for more clean salads and drinks this summer?!
Download our FREE Summer Salad and Clean Drinks Guide Here!
ABOUT THE AUTHORS:
Lori and Caren created Clean Cut Fitness & Nutrition to help women see there is a true balance when eating clean and living life. They like wine, tequila, vodka and intermittent fasting! Their 5 kids combined are always creating havoc but they would not have it any other way. Balance is their key to success! Their “shrink your body, grow your mind” mentality will help anyone find their Ah-Ha moment and what works in their lifestyle. Join the #cleancuttribe and create your new lifestyle.
Visit their full bios to learn more.