Can a green juice a day keep…away?
Is it another craze or another Clean Cut tool?
After research and having some of our members test it out it seems when adding in the right kind of green juice daily you are increasing your daily potassium up to 36% and your vitamin A up to 20% which aids in weight loss, increases energy, creates better blood flow, helps the body use insulin correctly, helps boost the immune system and supports eye and brain function.
So what is the right kind of green juice?
Photo Credit: Lara Robby Photography
NATURAL, NO ADDED SUGAR or SODIUM
You may see the cold pressed version in any health store or even at Trader Joe’s. When you see the settlement at the bottom of the bottle you have the real stuff. Always read the ingredients. It should look something like, Cucumber, Kale, Celery, green apple (it’s Ok!), lemon and maybe ginger and other spices like turmeric.
When making it yourself or at the counter of a health store you have full control over what goes in it. The greener the better, maybe ½ the green apple (just to save some of the sugar grams for later) you can also add in ¼ of an avocado to thicken it up and add some of the GOOD FAT (making this juice even more powerful)
It’s almost impossible to eat the amount of daily greens needed each day. This power packed juice helps get you there, flooding you body with amazing vitamins and mineral.
This green juice below is a great starter juice. Get creative and add this Clean Cut Tool to your daily regime. You can use an emulsion blender like a Vitamix or Ninja to emulsify the ingredients. Then add water to your desired consistency.
- A HUGE handful of kale or spinach
- Romaine (when cleared by the government for sure)
- 3-4 celery sticks
- Juice of one lemon
- Thumb full of fresh ginger
- ¼ of an avocado
- Parsley (optional)
- ½ green apple (optional)
Use it to start you day or as a filler throughout, However you get it in, IT WORKS!
Happy Thanksgiving From Clean Cut!
Thanksgiving kicks off the start of the holiday season. Eating, drinking, parties, shopping, more eating, skipping workouts, etc. You know the drill. This time of year that is about sharing, caring and love sometimes can turn into a stressful mess! But how can we manage it, keep the weight off and enjoy our cheats?!
The Clean Cut Way! This week we are going to guide you through Thanksgiving! Having your feast and balancing it out.
- Intermittent fast the morning of Thanksgiving
- Drink water before during and after, and bring a healthy side dish
- Do not graze all day. Create a plate and commit to it. Then take a pause. Do you really need that second or third helping?
- Make it about the company. instead of a 3rd helping of mashed potatoes, step away and listen to Uncle Al’s war stories. Enjoy the family moments
- Be ready for Friday. Have a plan and be prepped to eat clean
- Schedule a workout for Friday. Get your SWEAT on!
Simple ways to balance your day and move forward! The Clean Cut Way.
We can hold your hand through the rest of the holiday season. Do you want recipes, guidance, a private Facebook group, daily motivational texts, workouts and the support of the best TRIBE ever?! Who doesn’t! You can join the 6 week handhold and get instant access to all your information this holiday season. Find Out More Here
Let Lori and Caren “Shrink Your Body & Grow Your Mind!” Make sure to follow us on Instagram and Facebook for all the latest tips and challenges. Join the Tribe
Summers not over and in NJ its peach picking season!!
My kids and I picked 3 big bags of peaches yesterday and its time to grab one and go, but grill, mash, chop and add to salads! Yum! My sweet treat today will be grilled peaches with some greek yogurt!
Did you know there are many health benefits of the peach! Studies have shown peaches to help cancer, obesity, cholesterol, blood disorders, eye care,skin care, and also maintain healthy bones, teeth and nervous systems! TONS of antioxidants (We LOVE that!) are in a peach, so start picking and enjoy this summer fruit!!
Sweet Summer Clean Grilled Peaches
- 1 large peach
- 1/4 C 4% greek yogurt plain
- cinnamon to taste
- honey to taste (optional)
- Grill the peaches on low until soft and you see grill marks with a little caramelization, about 2-4 minutes on each side.
- Mix up yogurt and cinnamon
- Drizzle a small amount of honey on the peaches to taste (optional)
- ENJOY this sweet treat!!
Its garden time!! August is where you begin to reap the benefits of your home garden! All that work, watering, weeding and talking to those babies…yup all worth it when you pick that fresh organic produce.
This is my Dad. He may have one of the best home gardens in the state. With a whole lot of TLC over the years and a lot of failed and successful attempts, he has it down to a science. He drops me bags of herbs, veggies and green goodness, but sometimes its hard to find something fresh to do with it!
TODAY, lets focus on this amazing CUCUMBER!!!
- HIGH IN NUTRIENTS: Vitamin C, K Magnesium and Potassium to name a few
- HIGH IN ANTIOXIDANTS
- PROMOTES HYDRATION: 96% H2O
- MAY AID IN WEIGHT LOSS: Flavorful and LOW calorie
- MAY LOWER BLOOD SUGAR
So eat up and enjoy this summer Clean Cut Cucumber Salad, we sure will!
Clean Cut Cucumber Dill Salad
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced (or 1 big one like this pic! Estimate)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup 4% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Add Greek yogurt, dill and apple cider vinegar to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add in cucumbers and red onion to the bowl and fold everything together until well combined and the dressing has coated the cucumbers.
- Cover and refrigerate. Marinate a few hours and enjoy!
I have to be totally honest here, this past week I felt like I was having some major anxiety. Really for no good reason. Life is good, its summer, everyone is healthy. But last week, something was not jiving in my body. It clicked to me, my workouts lacked last week. Don’t you always feel better after a workout? I made it a PRIORITY to get all my workouts in this week. I am making sure
I get that ME time (facial scheduled for Monday!). And i am going to make sure my diet is balanced. Life happens. And sometimes we just can’t put a finger on why we feel the way we do. But clean eating can really help in balancing your mind. 6 simple ways to help balance life is to make sure we are eating clean!!!! Check out our list below: antioxidants, magnesium, flavonoids, Vitamin C,Omega-3 fatty acids and tea. WOW…clean eating all around. Maybe we have something here. 🙂
The CLEAN CUT fall kickstart begins September 17. Mark your calendar, because emotional eating is a big topic we will be covering.
- They help protect your cells from stress. In turn they may help ease anxiety.
- Berries, nuts, beans, and green veggies are winners in this group
- The natural calmer, magnesium will keep you in check
- Greens are great for magnesium. Spinach, kale and swiss chard to name a few
- Flavonoids in cocoa helps protect your cells. They can also help lower your blood pressure and boost blood flow to your brain and heart. In turn creating a feeling of less anxiety.
- DARK chocolate. Specifically 70% or higher cocoa.
- Studies have shown a diet rich in Vitamin C can help calm and create a better frame of mind.
- Oranges or any citrus fruit
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Studies have shown these fatty acids can help with depression and anxiety and help decrease inflammation
- Sardines, salmon, albacore tuna,
- Tea has that calming effect we all crave. Antioxidants in the tea leaves also help! Teas can especially be effective when paired with certain herbs
- Lavender and chamomile