I have to be totally honest here, this past week I felt like I was having some major anxiety. Really for no good reason. Life is good, its summer, everyone is healthy. But last week, something was not jiving in my body. It clicked to me, my workouts lacked last week. Don’t you always feel better after a workout? I made it a PRIORITY to get all my workouts in this week. I am making sure
I get that ME time (facial scheduled for Monday!). And i am going to make sure my diet is balanced. Life happens. And sometimes we just can’t put a finger on why we feel the way we do. But clean eating can really help in balancing your mind. 6 simple ways to help balance life is to make sure we are eating clean!!!! Check out our list below: antioxidants, magnesium, flavonoids, Vitamin C,Omega-3 fatty acids and tea. WOW…clean eating all around. Maybe we have something here. 🙂
The CLEAN CUT fall kickstart begins September 17. Mark your calendar, because emotional eating is a big topic we will be covering.
- They help protect your cells from stress. In turn they may help ease anxiety.
- Berries, nuts, beans, and green veggies are winners in this group
- The natural calmer, magnesium will keep you in check
- Greens are great for magnesium. Spinach, kale and swiss chard to name a few
- Flavonoids in cocoa helps protect your cells. They can also help lower your blood pressure and boost blood flow to your brain and heart. In turn creating a feeling of less anxiety.
- DARK chocolate. Specifically 70% or higher cocoa.
- Studies have shown a diet rich in Vitamin C can help calm and create a better frame of mind.
- Oranges or any citrus fruit
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Studies have shown these fatty acids can help with depression and anxiety and help decrease inflammation
- Sardines, salmon, albacore tuna,
- Tea has that calming effect we all crave. Antioxidants in the tea leaves also help! Teas can especially be effective when paired with certain herbs
- Lavender and chamomile