Lettuce cups are super fun to make and you can get so creative. This recipe is modified from Clean Eating Magazine with our little twist. Feel free to make it your own.
- 1 Tbsp sesame oil
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 8 oz organic ground turkey
- 1-2 cup chopped cremini mushrooms (or your choice!)
- 5 tsp reduced-sodium tamari ( a milder type soy sauce that is gluten free!)
- 8 butter lettuce or chard leaves
- 2 tbsp sesame seed
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- In a medium skillet on medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté for 4 minutes, until translucent. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, until browned.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in tamari and remove from heat.
- To assemble, stack 2 lettuce leaves on top of each other and place one-quarter of mixture over top. Top with sesame seeds and hot sauce (optional). Sprinkle with green onions. Repeat with remaining ingredients.