Let’s give ourselves room for the one thing you really love. Is it wine, dessert, cheese? Whatever it is we’ve created a Clean Cut easy Mother’s Day menu to keep you out of the kitchen, with your family and guilt free.
Ready for it?
Grilled ginger shrimp with fennel, crunchy salad/slaw and stuffed strawberries are waiting for you. The best part of all of these is they can be served cold! So yes moms! The cooking can be done before and you can enjoy the day with your family! Hopefully they will CLEAN up after! 🙂
This shrimp is so easy and with the bold flavors of sesame oil and ginger you will want to pop them like popcorn!
- Grilled ginger shrimp (or protein of choice)
- 1 pound of cleaned raw extra large shrimp
- 1 tablespoon (or less)
- 2-4 cloves of chopped garlic
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped ginger
- Pink himalayan salt and pepper to taste
Heat grill to medium-high heat and place shrimp on clean grates, cook for 3 or so minutes a side until no longer pink.
Makes 4-6 servings
This surprising sweet fennel is not just easy but aids in digestion.
- Grilled Fennel
- 2 bulbs of fennel sliced in 1/2 inch slices
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of one lime
take a piece of aluminum foil large enough to create and boat pouch for all the fennel
In a bowl combine all the ingredients and toss, place in the foil and fold the long edges together and pinch to close, turn the sides up to meet and roll until closed tight, poke holes in the foil to let the steam out and place on grill for about 10 min.
This crunchy salad/slaw is not only becoming one of our favorites, it’s so healthy you don’t have to overthink it but just enjoy it!
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- Head chopped broccoli,
- Head chopped cauliflower
- Bag of shredded red cabbage
- Julienne sliced bell pepper (red, yellow or orange)
- 1 1/2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)
For the dressing
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons real mayonnaise
- Zest and juice from 1 lime
- 1 small garlic clove, very finely minced
- Pink salt and black pepper, to taste
Uncooked add the broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, peppers and blueberries to a large bowl.
Whisk the dressing ingredients. Add the toasted almonds to the veggies, pour the dressing over the top, and toss to coat.
Makes about 5 servings
Now onto our beautiful stuffed strawberries. These are sure to take the edge off of overeating on the cake or cookies. Remember the three bite rule when it comes to those high sugar desserts but enjoy them.
- 1 container organic strawberries, cored
- 1 container KITE HILL cream cheese alternative chive spread
- 1/3 cup crushed pecans (fine)
To core the strawberries cut the tops and with a pairing knife cut the center out (the white part) by spinning the strawberry and it will pop out. Using a 1/4 teaspoon scoop in the spread and then roll the top in the pecans
serving is about 4 strawberries