Its garden time!! August is where you begin to reap the benefits of your home garden! All that work, watering, weeding and talking to those babies…yup all worth it when you pick that fresh organic produce.
This is my Dad. He may have one of the best home gardens in the state. With a whole lot of TLC over the years and a lot of failed and successful attempts, he has it down to a science. He drops me bags of herbs, veggies and green goodness, but sometimes its hard to find something fresh to do with it!
TODAY, lets focus on this amazing CUCUMBER!!!
- HIGH IN NUTRIENTS: Vitamin C, K Magnesium and Potassium to name a few
- HIGH IN ANTIOXIDANTS
- PROMOTES HYDRATION: 96% H2O
- MAY AID IN WEIGHT LOSS: Flavorful and LOW calorie
- MAY LOWER BLOOD SUGAR
So eat up and enjoy this summer Clean Cut Cucumber Salad, we sure will!
Clean Cut Cucumber Dill Salad
- 4 large cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced (or 1 big one like this pic! Estimate)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup 4% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Add Greek yogurt, dill and apple cider vinegar to a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add in cucumbers and red onion to the bowl and fold everything together until well combined and the dressing has coated the cucumbers.
- Cover and refrigerate. Marinate a few hours and enjoy!