Fresh Summer Shrimp and Pesto ZOODLEs
- 1 Lb of shrimp frozen, cleaned and thawed (season with 1 teaspoon sugar to cut acid taste, smoked paprika, onion powder, pink Himalayan salt and pepper – all to taste)
- Large package of zoodles of any kind (or two small containers)
- ½-1 cup pesto- depends on how much you like (make sure it’s all natural)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½-1 onion sliced
- 2 containers of compari or cherry tomatoes, half of them cut in half (compari or larger and usually sweeter)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- Pink Himalayan salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb. burrata or buffalo mozzarella (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
Heat ½ the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion let it cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the tomatoes and let them cook, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes. Add the shrimp in one layer and cook for about 3-5 min uncovered.
Meanwhile in a separate pan with other half of the olive oil heat through the zoodles (letting the water come out to soften them (do not over cook or add any liquid). Drain any excess liquid you don’t want with a strainer then add the pesto to the noodles and toss, continue to cook for a few minutes (note remove them from the heat right before they start to get soft because they will continue to cook from the shrimp and tomato mixture)
Flip the shrimp, cover the pan and cook for another 3-5 minutes, until shrimp is pink and curled in.
Plate the zoodles in a pasta bowl. Pour the entire shrimp mixture over the zoodles. Sprinkle with the fresh basil and parmesan cheese. Slice the burrata in half or quarters and use for each serving.
Makes 4-5 servings