Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
- 6 Tbsp coconut flour. Almond flour or gluten free flour
- 5 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pink salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large egg white
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 5 Tbsp smooth almond butter
- 1 1/2 Cups grated zucchini
- 4 Tbsp mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line the bottom of a 9×5 loaf pan with parchment paper, coated with Irish butter or coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate, large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat the eggs, egg white, honey and almond butter until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and beat on low speed until smooth and combined. Do not over mix or the bread will become hard.
- Squeeze out as much water from the zucchini as you possibly can, using a dish towel or paper towels. You should have about 1 cup zucchini once all the water is out.
- Fold the zucchini, along with the chocolate chips, into the batter. Let stand for 10 minutes
- Pour into the prepared pan, spread out evenly, and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50-55 minutes, over baking will make it dry out. Let cool in the pan COMPLETELY and enjoy.
About 10 serving in the 9 x 5 loaf
Calories less than 200