A Matcha a day will actually Keep the doctor away…for real.
Green tea…..We’ve heard it has so many benefits. It does, But how many cups a day do we need to get all the amazing benefits from it? 5-7 Cups! Can you drink that much tea every day? With this new craze, which is old in history, we can get all the benefits it one cup, YUP MATCHA.
Matcha starts out just like any old green tea leaf. But 20-30 days prior to harvesting, it is covered from direct sunlight. This causes the chlorophyll to increase, intensifying the leaf. It is then ground down to a powder and used in our teas, coffee, ice cream, etc. This leaf is so concentrated with chlorophyll, polyphenols and catechin that just one drink made with this superfood give us all the benefits of 5-7 cups of green tea. SCORE!
And what are those benefits?
- It decreases free radicals. The less free radicals we have in our bodies the less cancer and disease we have.
- The catechin promotes relaxation and clarity.
- It is a natural antioxidant and boost the immune system.
- Helps maintain healthy alkaline levels which leads to a healthy metabolism.
- It is high in good caffeine called theophylline. Which will sustain energy levels with a slow, consistent release.
- Catechin also increase the metabolism leading to more weight loss.
It’s easy to get and easy to drink. The new apple a day is now a matcha a day! Drink Up!