Clean Cut Ground Turkey Tacos with a Kick!
- 1.5 lbs. Ground Turkey (7%)
- 8 oz organic tomato sauce in can
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 medium onion
- ½ jalapeno Chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning (low sodium)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 can organic black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup diced tomato
- 1 avocado sliced
In a larger skillet, sauté the onions until transparent (about 4 min) add the meat over medium high heat, breaking up the meat and stirring, until no longer pink. Drain any excess liquid and return to the burner.
Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, beans and seasoning. Continue to cook stirring regularly until the liquid has mostly evaporated then add jalapenos and toss until all combined. Top with cilantro.
Remove from heat, serve over salad or use iceberg lettuce as wraps (option use a coconut wrap) top with chopped tomato and sliced avocado.